Monday 18 February 2013

I can't make you love me.

How come love is such a huge trigger for creativity, arts, wanting to express yourself? If I were a scientist i would like to explore that, but right now being myself i sit down to greet my keyboard and listen to the plastic buttons do their thing as i type. 
Love gives me sleepless nights, it makes me zone out because of the image of that certain person in my mind, i tend to glow and shine differently, i behave differently - it just basically completely messes up with you and yet you're there, accepting it, being happy about it, hoping for the best. And even if it makes you sad or gives you worries, you enjoy it in some kind of weird way. 
It fills you completely, weighs you down and gives you wings at the same time. You feel lost and you feel found - it's such a powerful feeling. It's erotic, it's sensual. I could go on describing it for ages, but what's the point?

How comfortable life has become. I don't even have to look for a pen or piece of paper - if i want to write immediately and i happen to sit at my computer i can start right that second. We now can talk to people online, we can see them and hear them laugh. If we'd like to visit a friend thousand miles away we can get into a plane and fly over. If we live in Europe we can find african or asian food and in Asia we cook pasta with original italian sauce and no one even thinks about it! And yet love has stayed the same. It's complex and pushes you to the limits. So many things have been done for and because of love, so many fights have been fought, so many people have been hurt, so many challenges have been taken, so many lies have been told and tears have been shed. 
With all these gadgets and appliance we use in our daily lives, we sometimes forget to live simply, to love with full hearts, to go for it. But i do wish there was a love potion. Even for one day! But i can't make you love me if you don't... And i can't definitely make you love me if you don't know i'd love to try. 
Romances are scary. You fall for someone and it takes time until your feelings calm down again. How easy would it be, if it would be automatic like almost the rest of our life is. I like you, you should like me. But it's not. 
It's fueling me. I finally feel things influencing me again. Love is powerful, it's inevitable, overwhelming. Even if it's just a short romance and attraction, it's there and when it's there you cannot run away. Especially when you so want that to happen... when you're so tired of waiting, when you're craving for comforting warmth and your wasted time to actually start meaning something. But i can't make you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment