Sunday 15 August 2010

Day 24.

So today was not the best working day for me. After yesterday’s acupuncture session my leg kept on getting worse and worse and this morning i couldn’t even walk properly. So i had to stay at home, while everyone was working. No one actually said anything bad about it and i was helping as much as possible at home, but i was having hard time dealing with that. I condemned myself and wasn’t feeling too good the first half of the day, but then i understood i cannot change anything about it, so i just tried to keep on the positive side. Our host really worried about me, which again and again reminded me, it’s not previous place anymore. In general i met way friendlier people here, for instance not just the host was calling the doctor in the morning, but the doctor himself called in the afternoon asking how’s my leg, is it getting better or worse, just taking care. He wanted to run another check up if it’s not getting better, but i started feeling slightly better by the end of the day. The day was quite good, despite the awkwardness about not being able to work. But i had a nice conversation with one of the wwoofers and the evening was lots of fun - kinda needed that to relax a little bit.

Some of us are getting quite edgy though. Today i had to bounce back one pretty sharp remark. It didn’t hurt me too much, but still scratched and even though there’s no pain, it burns. Just like weeding roses - you don’t get cut properly, but the scratches burn afterwards for a while. I already was warned about that guy, so i really just tried to flush it out of my system as soon as possible. And also, we have to understand some of them, who are staying here for months, even years - they deserve to be edgy every once in a while. Of course, the ideal way would be for them to work on their stress by themselves, not involving other people, but sometimes it happens i guess.

Because of my leg i missed something really interesting today... I was nagging about climbing to mountains from the very first day after i arrived here and today during the lunch break guys went to the mountain. It was sooo unfair - they climbed it exactly on the day, when i couldn’t walk. And tomorrow we’re having a festival, so i hope i could go at least for an hour, just to make some pictures.

Days are going by really nicely, i had first three days off, yesterday i worked, today i couldn’t do much, tomorrow we’re having a day off because of the festival, but we’re working again on Monday (had to take a look at the calendar, what day is the day after festival - no sense of time anymore...).

I have some worries that sometimes takes me away from the actual happenings and puts me in some kinda personal labyrinth. Some things are happening here, that i might wanna have avoided, but it happened already and now cannot be undone. But that spoils the fun every once in a while. I just have to pull myself together when the upset face is trying to cover my smile and that’s it!

No comments:

Post a Comment