Thursday 19 August 2010

Day 28.

I got another sunburn... This time my back side. I wanted to get a tan, but i fell asleep and can give you a tip: two hours under japanese sun is too much! I’m totally red again and aching like shit. I also learned that sunburn on your back side is way worse then the front side, because when you’re burned on the front, you at least can sit properly, but i’m struggling every time i have to sit down, no matter where - couch, chair, floor and even toilet! It’s really strange that my hands became brown during the day, even though they were also really red, but my legs and back stayed red and aching.
I think i also got exposed to the sun way too long, because afterwards when we went to the city i got really dizzy and had to stop suddenly, sit down, regain my strength. I was a little bit dehydrated but it was also the sun - i just couldn’t see anything and it wasn’t black in my eyes, it was white!!! Never had this. I got worried a little bit, so i ate chocolate and drank 2 liters of sugary apple juice right away. I think i should take my health a bit more seriously, because sometimes i just don’t care about myself, which is actually against my own principles of living.
Today was Hiro’s birthday, so we decided to prepare something nice for him (and us!). We couldn’t bake a cake, cause it’s just impossible to do that here, but we made some nice jelly cups with fruits in it. We made two layers - strawberry and
melon jelly and it was soooo delicious and refreshing! We had to collect some money for that though, so some of us just didn’t eat it. Well, more for us, huh?
It would have been nicer if we did something all together, but some of they guys were off to play golf, the rest was just somewhere, so we had a quiet evening. Even though Hiro is japanese, he’s quite different than a regular japanese man, he’s not as shy, but has fair amount of modesty. Everyone really liked him, even though he wasn’t the one who was in the center of attention (like me, Toby or Joe or some other people who left already), but he’s always helpful, doesn’t complain and knows quite a lot. We might meet in September, when i’m in Tokyo - that would be really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment